Information for our Patients regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Tuesday, March 24, 2020 Update
We are not seeing patients in our office at this time, but if your hearing aid is not working for any reason, or you have any other urgent need, please call our office to arrange for immediate service
- The health and safety of our patients and staff is our utmost priority. Therefore, we have decided that we will not see any patients inside our office at this time. However, essential staff members are working in our office, and we are providing essential services via car-side service, in our parking lot. We are committed to meeting the urgent needs of our patients to maintain their ability to hear during the current national health crisis.
- Essential services include hearing aid repairs, hearing aid adjustments, hearing aid pick-up, and batteries and supplies (such as domes, wax guards, etc). If your hearing aid is not working, or not working properly, please CALL our office to arrange a time for this service.
- Once you have made an appointment, you may drive to our office, park in the lot, and remain in your car. Then call our office again from your cell phone and a staff member will come out to the car to retrieve your hearing aid, deliver your repaired or new hearing aid, or to provide the necessary batteries or supplies.
- Patients who can be assisted over the telephone (“telemedicine”) are welcome to call our office to discuss their needs, in lieu of an office visit.
- We continue to monitor and follow all recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, audiology industry associations, and all federal, state, and local directives that are applicable to our office.
- Any patient who wishes to re-schedule an appointment for any reason, is welcome to do so.
- In addition to our normal infection control measures, our staff is continuing to disinfect all equipment and frequently-touched surfaces more often. All hearing aids are thoroughly disinfected immediately prior to delivery to the patient.
- Staff members who have any flu-like symptom, or have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, will not be permitted in our office until medically cleared. None of our staff members have traveled to restricted countries in the past 12 months.
If you have any questions or concerns about the precautions we are taking during this time, please feel free to call and speak with any member of our staff.