Information for our Patients regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Monday, December 7 2020 Update
Your health and safety are our top priority!
We are currently accepting new patients, and seeing existing patients for all types of appointments in our office.
Please call us at 610-628-1518 for an appointment.
The health and safety of our patients and staff is our utmost priority. We are committed to safely meeting the needs of our patients and community to maintain their ability to hear during the current national health situation.
We are taking every possible precaution to ensure the safety of our patients and staff during this time. This includes:
- We have installed a UV light air purifier and HEPA air filter in our office air circulation system, which removes 99% of all virus particles.
- We have purchased two UV light boxes, which we use in addition to alcohol wipes to thoroughly disinfect all hearing aids. Incoming hearing aids are disinfected prior to being handled by our staff, and all hearing aids are disinfected immediately prior to delivery to the patient.
- Every patient is screened prior to entering our office. This screening consists of a non-contact forehead temperature check, and a series of screening questions. Anyone who has a fever or any known symptom of COVID-19, recent contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, recent travel outside of the state (PA or NJ), or a positive test result, is not permitted to enter our office at this time.
- Every staff member is screened every day, prior to entering the office, including a temperature check. None of our staff members have traveled to restricted countries or states in the past 12 months.
- Everyone in our office is required to wear a face mask at all times, covering the mouth and nose. This applies to all staff members and all patients, at all times.
- In addition to our normal infection control measures, our staff is continuing to disinfect all equipment and frequently-touched surfaces more often. Surfaces touched by patients are disinfected between each patient use.
- We are limiting the number of patients in our office at any time, and we are maintaining “social distancing” between patients at all times. We have limited the number of chairs in our waiting room, and minimizing the time the patient spends in our waiting room. In most cases, the patient is taken immediately to a private counseling room.
- We are limiting the number of people who may accompany a patient into our office (spouses, family members, drivers, etc.) Patients who require assistance for any reason, may bring one other person to their appointment. Patients who do not need assistance, are asked not to bring additional family members.
- If you wish, at the time of your appointment you may drive to our office, park in the lot, and remain in your car. Then call our office from your cell phone and a staff member will let you know as soon as we are ready to begin your appointment, so you do not have to spend any time in the waiting room.
- Non-contact “car side” service is available for patients who wish to avoid entering the office, for services such as hearing aid repairs, clean & checks, picking up batteries and supplies, etc. We also have a “drop box” located on a table outside our office door, for completely non-contact service. Patients who can be assisted over the telephone (“telemedicine”) are welcome to call our office to discuss their needs, in lieu of an office visit.
- Appointments are available on Saturday mornings, and weekday evenings, when there are fewer people in our office. Saturdays are by appointment only, please call ahead to schedule an evening or Saturday appointment.
- We continue to monitor and follow all recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, audiology industry associations, and all federal, state, and local directives that are applicable to our office.
If you have any questions or concerns about the precautions we are taking during this time, please feel free to call and speak with any member of our staff.