What Are Some Common Signs of Hearing Loss
Hearing loss can sneak up on you. It’s a health concern most people don’t even realize they have at first. Even then, they may assume it’s temporary or not so problematic. If no single significant event occurred that may have caused a sudden change in hearing, it’s typically a slow decline.
Here are some of the more common signs of hearing loss:
- Asking people to repeat themselves often
- Difficulty following conversations with over
- Thinking that others are mumbling or
- Trouble understanding speech in noisy
situations or on the phone
- Loved ones complaining about your TV or
- Stress from straining to hear what others
- Withdrawal from usually enjoyable social
Recognizing the potential signs can aid in early intervention. But only an accurate hearing exam can uncover the nature and extent of the issue. If you suspect a hearing loss, don’t put off needed care. Our audiologists can help you understand and improve your hearing health for better living.